I saw All's Well That End's Well (Shakespeare) at the Olivier Theatre in the National Theatre. This was not my favorite production. Again, keeping away from a detailed critique, but a difficult script is no consolation for a poor production.
Tonight I purchased a student discount ticket for Othello at Trafalgar Studios and really enjoyed it, so much so that I will start a drafting a script to answer some of my questions from the play.
Now, aside from these theatre excursions, I've been doing a good amount of working and studying (I promise). I really want to stay ahead of my workload and give my best in these classes. Let the record show that anything LESS than a 4.0 for these 12 credits should be considered embarrassing. I will not hear about opportunities this and adjustments that - I want to go back to Maryland with 4 A's added to my transcript.
The guys in the flat are alright. Our kitchen could look better, but I'm enjoying my time with them. Evan Baxter (slowly but surely moving towards Evan Almighty, keep hoping for us folks) is coming down with a cold and seems intent on walking it off. I can only imagine this to be to my detriment.
This weekend was a blast. Friday night we went out for one of the girls's birthday. It was a bar with a dance floor on the 3rd floor being supported by a live band. This band played American covers. I knew the words to all of these American covers. Suffice to say I had a good time, along with meeting girls from Spain and Mexico (apparently I look like I'm from Italy - not complaining). I had a blast and helped the girls get home safely (it was her birthday).
Saturday I took it easy all day, did some grocery shopping, and at night went with my friends to our local spot, ISHBar. We ended up going to another spot we like, Market Place, until one of my friends decided he wanted to leave. He told me this by falling in the middle of the dance floor. We went back to ISHBar and, through a friend, I met two American girls, one of whom also wants to be a producer. It was GREAT to talk theatre with someone for a while, among other similar interests. A nice way to end the night, I'm sure I'll see these two girls in the near future.
Sunday I did my work. I got all of my relevant homework done...BEFORE FOOTBALL (Before 6:00 p.m. over here). For the second consecutive week, the Jets game was on at the bar, where they only get two games. Believe me, I was thankful.
So far this week I've gotten my work done, seen a few shows, explored more of London, and been doing a lot of laughing. Life is good and let's hope it keeps that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment